PALAZZINA DI CACCIA DI STUPINIGI

A place of leisure and hunting, this was the favourite spot of the Savoy family for spectacular parties and solemn marriages, as well as being the residence of Napoleon in the early 19th century.
Filippo Juvarra designed the exceptional architecture for the sovereign, styled on the model of contemporary Central European Residences. For completing the project, also Benedetto Alfieri and other architects of the 1700s lent a hand, while cabinetmakers and carvers, stucco decorators and gilders helped to achieve the final decorative display.
Home to the Furniture Museum since 1919, it holds precious items of furniture, chinoiseries and masterpieces by cabinetmakers and craftsmen coming also from other Savoy Residences.

www.ordinemauriziano.it

Go to Top